New video and YouTube Channel!
I was inspired last month by a Steve Smith YouTube video to dust off my Charlie Wilcoxon 150 Rudimental Solos book, and played #142 in some unique ways. You can watch the video HERE. It is actually the 1st official video for the new Drum Fillosophy YouTube channel, so like and subscribe to help me get the new channel rolling! Make sure to check out Steve Smith’s video that was my inspiration HERE too!
I also spent a great deal of time this month working on site optimization — hopefully everything is loading faster for you now!
Feedback is appreciated!
Whenever I receive constructive criticism from Drum Fillosophy users, I make an effort to prioritize them. Last month, it was suggested that I create an index of all the pdf’s that can be found throughout the site. So I liked the idea, and I decided to take it a step further by also creating an index page for all of the different pages and overlays that are discoverable throughout DrumFillosophy.com. It will take me probably another month to get this all done, but you can check out the progress for the 2 pages with the following links:
I love the feedback, so if you have a suggestion/request , you can reach me via the “Let Me know” button at the bottom of the home page.
1st SOUNDSLICE Video
My first SOUNDSLICE video attempt was time consuming but successful! I did it with an Eddie Van Halen solo which you can check out HERE. Which also happens to be one of the 2 new Melody Rhythm Reading additions:
- Wonderful Tonight – sung by Eric Clapton
- When Push Comes to Shove – guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen
I have also added a new page where you can now peruse all Drum Fillosophy videos in one place. Check it out HERE.
Oh, and I literally forgot – I recorded and added 14 new audio examples for my Melodic Stick Control book. This includes all of the exercises from the Adaptive Overlays chapter, which you can listen to on the MSC Support Page.
Also this month…
- 3 Groove transcriptions uploaded: Ricky Lawson on “Gaslighting Abbie”, Ziggy Modeliste on “Cissy Strut”, and William Kennedy on “Greenhouse”.
- 1 New Expert level Melody Rhythm Reading exercise added: Charlie Parker’s classic solo on “Embraceable You”. CP’s phrasing is AWESOME!
Video Series Finale!
I am thrilled to have finally completed the Video Series for my book Melodic Stick Control with the release today of Video 14 – the Combined Exercises. You can read the description and check out the video HERE!
Coinciding with finishing up the videos, I recorded 20 audio samples from the Combined Exercises chapter. They will definitely help those of you working out of Melodic Stick Control, but if you aren’t, feel free to take a listen to see if MSC is for you!
Happy New Year!
My New Year’s resolution is to finish and publish my next book by April. It might have an adverse effect on new content for the next few months, but I will try to keep it coming! January 1 is off to a pretty good start with…
- 4 Groove transcriptions uploaded: Vinnie Colaiuta on “Seven Days”, James Gadson on “Use Me”, Steve Gadd on “Chuck E’s In Love” and Scott Underwood on “Meet Virginia”.
- 2 New Melody Rhythm Reading exercises added: “Sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel and “Lights” by Journey.
- Hybrid Rudiments added on Lesson Materials page.